Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Few More Things

1) I'm going to monaco this weekend I think!! Super cheap trip of only 25euros!!! :) I want to go later in the semester because it'll be warm and magnificent with the warm weather and ports and sea but at least it'll give us something to do because...we are ALL SOOOO BORED already :) we live in a .3 mile radius I think, and it's already getting a bit boring... :/ school is hard to understand but there is no homework...and so nothing to do outside of the 4 hours of class a day. but, I think I am going to join a gym where students get better prices and try to volunteer somewhere if i can. also, maybe teach english to some kids or adults? It would be good cash in an expensive place...

2) Also, a little fact. People here are OBSESSED with american things. I'm sure it's all of europe, in fact, but it's a bit disappointing because for every french or european thing, there is always an american thing that slips in... ALL the stores play american music constantly, there's american apparel (clothing store) and sephora among other things, and they all know about american movies and even obscure reality shows that we barely even pay attention to. For example, my friend Stine (stina) from Norway and I were talking about our political systems at lunch today in our respective countries and we started talking about where we like to vacation. haha weird and I don't know how it came up but we then started talking about California and American stereotypes and how people in NORWAY watch stupid American shows like A Shot At Love with Tila Tequila. I was like American stuff is EVERYWHEREERERERE. Most of these people here have seen more of the U.S. than I have. It's ridiculous. I've talked to SO many people already who have traveled all of the U.S.

Anyways, I just thought you guys would like to know that. It is just so bizarre to me because this is by no means Paris, it's a little city in the south of france and they STILL have tonssss of American things. ughhhhh. haha. I guess at times it can be comforting? but I will have to try to ignore this stuff lol and try to enjoy the actual FRENCH things.

No comments:

Post a Comment